Stretch Goals Galore!
8 months ago
– Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 12:48:58 PM
We are officially at the halfway point and a lot has happened in a little more than two weeks! A few highlights:
- We have been working with the folks over at Cult Miniatures to create some new minis for the campaign. We are looking to add all of the iconic adventures for the Jewel of the Indigo Isles Adventure as minis right now (three of which you can see on the cover) which includes the g'mauyn thief, the galtzagorri sorcerer, the wildfire leshy fighter, and the gold dragon cleric. We also plan on adding other ancestries to the mini collection, so be on the lookout for those in the near future.
- How do you get these new minis you might ask? There will be a few ways. First, anyone who pledges at the RPG Superstar or the RPG SuperDUPERStar level will get to chose between a set of minis or standard Battlezoo Bestiary book during the follow-up process after the Kickstarter is over. Everyone at those tiers will automatically get the Collector's Edition of the Battlezoo Bestiary, the standard edition will be optional and can be swapped out for the minis at no extra charge.
- The second way is that will offer the minis as an add-on so that anyone can add them to their order. We are still in the process of figuring out pricing and the number of minis we will be offering, but we expect them to be approximately the same price as the standard Battlezoo Bestiary when all is said and done. Look for this add-on in the near future (also note, you will also be allowed to add any add-ons to your order after the Kickstarter is over during the Backerkit stage).
- People have also been asking if we will offer the minis as STL files so that people can print out their own minis for those of you out there with 3d printers. We are looking into that option, but we expect to offer this option, including STL files with supports! Be on the lookout for that add-on option as well. And for a sneak peek of the first mini, check out the (crude) render below!
- We also added a lot of new stretch goals -- new dragons, new ancestries, another level to the Jewel of the Indigo Isles Adventure Path, and 44+ pages to the Dragon Ancestires book! Plus be on the lookout for yet more stretch goals in the near future!
- Finally, I will be at GenCon starting tomorrow and will have a copy of the Battlezoo Bestiary with me as well as some pins to hand out. I will be wandering the show floor mostly and don't have a set plan, but I expect to be at the show all four days. If you see me just head on over and say hi and I'll give you a pin and a sneak peek at the book!
Projects We Love
There are a lot of cool projects going on right now that we really love and you should definitely check all of these out!
Wondrous Items for 5e: Dungeon Scribe - Magical Oddities
I'm always a sucker for a cool deck of cards, and with only a few days left, our friends over at Dungeon Scribe have a really cool-looking project. There are only a few days left, so many sure you check it out quick!
Dungeon Scribe: Magical Oddities Decks are 4 Deck Volumes with 200 cards of fresh content for your 5th Edition Games. Discover unique fully illustrated oddities with quick reference icons all designed for multiple tiered expansive varieties of play. Grow your table's arsenal, dole out new items with ease, and empower both players and NPCs in bold new ways.
What’s In Store:
- 4 Decks of Unique Items & Oddities.
- 200 Fully Illustrated Oddities in Total!
- Quick Reference Icons and Layouts.
- Designed for varied levels from Common Items to Artifacts, all for 5e.
Check out the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ds-magical-oddities/cards-0?ref=1n3ex4
Valda's Spire of Secrets: A Colossal Expansion for DnD 5E
I got a sneak-peek at this book and I have to tell you, what I saw was sick! This book looks incredible and I could easily see the world of Valda and Battlezoo crossover in the near future. Definitely check this one out!
Our friends over at Mage Hand Press just put out a killer new 5e expansion, Valda’s Spire of Secrets. It’s the Player’s Handbook 2 you never dreamed of -- 10 new base classes, 150+ subclasses, 5 new races, and more than 130 spells. And that’s only scratching the surface; it’s nearly 400 pages long.
Valda’s Spire of Secrets works with every campaign setting and every 5e product (including ours!) If you want to be excited about rolling up your next character, or you're a GM that wants to inject some life into your campaign, check out Spire of Secrets today. There's a free 30-page sample too!
Check out the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magehandpress/spire-of-secrets/
Peculiar Discoveries: Magic Items and Companions For 5E
If you couldn't tell, but we are suckers for cute things and Peculiar Discoveries definitely fits that bill!
Peculiar Discoveries is a 5e supplement focusing on creative items and adorable companions for both players and DM's to enjoy. The beautiful art in the book really emphasizes its fairytale style which will add a whimsical touch to any campaign! The companions featured in the book are a great addition to your 5e game as they can add another element to your stories and enrich the lives of the players and their characters alike. Each companion comes with their own secret quest that will grant a bonus to the characters only if the quest is fulfilled!
With over 200 pages of new content, Peculiar Discoveries’ book brings more than 320 new items and companions.
The project has more than 1200 backers and has already unlocked many stretch goals including a Baby Mimic Box which is an absolute cutie.
Check out the campaign here: https://split.to/peculiardis
Secrets of the Drow Trilogy (5e)
Did you know that I have read nearly every single Drizzit book and nearly every book ever written by R. A. Salvatore? Well... I have! I'm a huge fan of the Drow so whenever I see anything Drow-related I nearly always immediately back it. Make sure to check out this new launch!
Secrets of the Drow Trilogy is a book with three dangerous dark elf adventures for the fifth edition of the world’s largest roleplaying game. The adventures are designed for characters of level 4 to 6, but include scalable encounters to suit any level from 1 to 20.
The book will be approximately 160 pages if all stretch goals are unlocked, and available in hardcover, softcover, and digital format.
The campaign is created by Midnight Tower, the two nerds who brought you Rise of the Ice Dragons Trilogy, The Prophecy of Nine Omens Trilogy, Before the Stroke of Midnight, and more adventures.
Check out the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midnight-tower/secrets-of-the-drow-trilogy